Friday, September 12, 2008

Citron

So in spite of the sentiments in the last post about being well-fed we ended up at a loose end in Wellington last night, thought about the Matterhorn but it was a two hour wait, and so on the spur of the moment rang Citron.

So yes they do do walk-ups for the 9 course Degustation menu which I'm not supposed to list here as it might spoil the surprise. And it was great. Hard to describe. French/Kiwi/ with a touch of micro-gastronomie. We arrived around 7.30 and left at 11: but it really didn't seem that long at all. I didn't think we'd eaten that much, nor drunk that much, but, well, we were both a bit under the weather this morning.

And why so many posts? Umm, because I was thinking - "I need a studio log book to log what I'm recording" and then I realised that this is it? Or because I then started reading through the back-issues and it was more interesting that I'd thought (to me at least). At least it's a record of some kind of something.

2 comments:

Fi said...

This entry makes me feel hungry..... It all sounds so divine. Nine courses, crikey! anyway, I'm thinking that it could be nice to get together for dinner some time in the (nearish) future :)

James said...

Indeed it was lovely

and yes we should get together, once I'm back from Nashville - or you can see Kath+Amy beforehand...