Friday, April 11, 2008

Head Above Water

So, 12.30 AM, that equals the previous record.

Todays effort is quite short at 2.50, not really poppy, rather odd (and again old) little song, Head Above Water Not sure about it really, the vocals are quite weak & flutter in places - on the other hand, I quite like how the guitar sounds.

What's this one about - rather cliched I'm afraid:

keep my head above water
turn my face from the sun
keep my head above the water
now I'm all undone

I'm not sure I remember that far back - but it probably relates to the long and generally depressing time when I was finishing up a PhD. It's nowhere near as - well - Biblical as many of the rest, especially as I think I accidently replaced "flood" with "sun" in one of the verses. Oh well. But then perhaps it's better this way:

I used to laugh about rainbows
I used to smile at the sun
I used to laugh about rainbows
Now I'm all washed up

3 comments:

Dr Tim said...

Hi there! We love the CD you gave us. Despite your darkest assurances, it's really good!

Anonymous said...

yay wow - glad you liked it.

Fi said...

Thanks for the explanation - I like hearing what the songs are about, where they originate from.

I'll be looking forward to hearing your latest song when its finished :D